Vision, Mission & Mandate
To make India a world leader in the production and productivity of coconut, arecanut and cocoa.
Harness science and technology to enhance competitiveness in coconut, arecanut and cocoa through generation of appropriate technologies.
- Strengthening the biodiversity and bio-security of mandate crops and their utilization for improving the productivity and income security of coconut, arecanut and cocoa growers.
- Protecting and improving the land, water, microbial and climate resources essential for sustained advances in the productivity, profitability and stability of palm based farming systems.
- Development of appropriate technologies which can help to attract entrepreneurs and can confer the empowerment of small and marginal farmers both in the production and post-harvest technologies, thereby enhancing their income and competitiveness.
- Promote adaptation and mitigation strategies for climate change and to evolve mechanisms for crop and water management.
- Enhancing the income, livelihood, nutrition and health security of farm families through mutually reinforcing package of technologies.
- Promote innovations and improve human resource capacity involving all stakeholders in plantation crops.
- Foster linkages and collaborations with public and private, national and international organizations.
- Basic, strategic and applied research to enhance sustainable productivity, quality and utilization of coconut, arecanut and cocoa,
- Repository of plantation crops genetic resources and scientific information,
- Transfer of technology, capacity building and impact assessment of technologies,
- Coordinate research and validation of technologies on plantation crops through AICRP on Palms.