Programme Coordinator : Dr Manojkumar T. S.
The KVK at CPCRI, Kasaragod was established on 01 January, 1993 under the aegis of CPCRI, ICAR, DARE and Ministry of Agriculture. It is the frontal organisation for promotion of agricultural technologies and allied enterprises among the people of Kasaragod district.The operational area of the KVK is Kasaragod district which is the northern most district of Kerala state. Total geographical area of the district is 1, 96,133 ha consisting of six blocks, 39 grama panchayats and 77 revenue villages.
It is situated within the CPCRI campus.
- To conduct on-farm testing for identifying technologies in terms of location specific and sustainable land use system
- To organise training programmes to update the extension personnel with the recent advances in agricultural research on regular basis
- To organise short term and long term vocational courses in agriculture and allied field for the farmers and rural youth with emphasis on learning by doing for effecting increased production on farms and for generating self-employment.
- Organize Front Line Demonstrations on various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
- Soil, water and plant testing laboratory.
- Post harvest processing and nutrition laboratory
- Agricultural Technology Incubation Centre for entrepreneurs.
- Plant health clinic service.
- Soil test based nutrient recommandations
- Mobile SMS service to farmers
- Coconut based cropping system
- Micro irrigation and fertigation unit
- Green house
- Vegetable cultivation
- Vermicomposting unit
- Apiary unit
- Fish pond
- Azolla unit
- Quail unit
- KVK Kasaragod, impart training to practicing farmers, farm women, women self help groups, rural youth and extension personnel on various demand driven topics as follows:
- Coconut and Arecanut based mixed farming/intercropping.
- Integrated pest and disease management coconut,arecanut,banana,pepper,vegetables and paddy.
- Scientific cultivation of plantation crops, vegetables, paddy, spices etc.
- Spawn production technology and mushroom cultivation.
- Bee keeping.
- Training on coconut palm climbing machine.
- Arecanut leaf sheath plate making.
- Soil and Water conservation.
- Farm mechanization.
- Entrepreneurship development for rural youth and SHG’s.
- Soap making, paper bag, handicrafts making.
- Kitchen gardening
- Preparation of organic manure.
- Freshwater fish culture
- Organic farming and recycling of organic waste.
- Agro processing.
KVK, Kasaragod was chosen as the best KVK for the biennium 2002-03 by ICAR, New Delhi.
For more details, please contact
KVK, CPCRI Kasaragod
- Field Level demonstration of a high yielding new guinea grass variety
- FLD at Kambar on organic coltivation of Bhindi(Var Salkeerthi).
- Frontline demonstration on ornamental fish culture
- High yeilding rice variety, Pratyasa Paddy field, Kunjathur
- Honey Festival 2013
- Honey FLD integrating bee colonies for better pollination and yield enhancement in coconut gardens
- Lady climbers trained under Changathykootam.
- Presently working at CPCRI as pollinators
- Launching of RKVY project on popularization of Cassava biopesticides against borer pests of Banana was done on March 1 of 2013 at Periya and Madikkai
- Monthly Interface Programme of Shri.Avaran from Malappuram demonstrating his micro sprinkler irrigation system which he has named as GC Mayilpeeli micro sprinkler
- On farm trial Organic cultivation of yard long bean('Var Vellayani Jyothika')
- Making Paper bags
- The hellical Blade Puddler was demonstrated in the district for the first time by KVK
- Training cum demonstration on paddy mechanization organised by Arikkady, Kumbla